Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Nursery Part I



Phew! Such a busy week! Busy at work, had my DNA tests done and today I painted the nursery. Painting is such hard work! Hard yet fulfilling. Thankfully, my sisters helped and add some jazz music to the mix... time passed much more quickly.

This week was also another milestone in that I told my boss at work the news. I'm starting to really enjoy people's reactions! My boss was completely understanding, as I've always had a great work relationship with him and he's always been supportive of me. I also told another colleague/friend and it was just an interesting set of circumstances... we were in a shuttle bus going from one location to another and I just impulsively decided to tell her. So now that makes 2 guys/2 girls at work who know!

My mom also decided to make it official on her blog!

One my favourite things that she says is, "I'm looking forward to [...] Just a simple walk, hand in hand around the block." Me too, looking forward to such things just makes me so happy. Which is why I posted the above YouTube vid, one of my favourite personal tracks and with it, a visual of a mom/grandmom and their child/grandchild.

Back to the nursery, I decided to take some before/after pics as I've seen other blogs do it, which I love. The baby is getting the master bedroom (which was not being used anyway). I got rid of the ugly green and replaced it with a light and airy purplish/lilac/mauve colour. The actual name is "silver mauve." I'll post those pics in the next entry. For now though, here is the hideous green, going around the room counter-clockwise:









Can't wait to show you the final product!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck and have fun making the nursery. It won't be long before it's filled with dreams came true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. excuse me i thought we were going to see the finished product NOW. :-) So wonderful...can see your excitement in your words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Down boy, down! It's coming... it's just messy right now and I guess I'll wait to put up pics until it's completely done :)

    ReplyDelete