"O hai!"
Orion's one week old birthday is today!!! I mentioned to my mom earlier that I feel like I've already known him forever. There is just a connection between him and myself and his grandmother that feels... perfect. He is such an alert and curious boy. He is most like this after feedings/diaper changes. He just looks at you and around the room, starry-eyed. He is very strong too... sometimes giving me headbutts as I'm burping him, waving his head around. He likes to lift off too, against anything he can press his feet against. He is a chilled out and well tempered baby overall, so I feel very lucky and fortunate *knocks on wood, that this continues*
Tomorrow is our appointment at the Canadian consulate... I'm hoping everything goes well. I'll take pictures and put them up when we get back, as he has special Canadiana apparel to hopefully make a good first impression there haha. It will be good to get out and about with him, get some fresh air as our outings thus far have just consisted of mini trips around the hotel.
Last night there were some amazing fireworks in the sky in Mumbai around Andheri East. Does anyone know what they were for? They were big like July 1/July 4 fireworks... such a spectacle to look at.
I would be lying if I said I wasn't getting anxious to get home and resume real life... I'm hoping we'll be able to get home sooner rather than later.
That's it for now, nap time! ZZZzzzzzzz...
Orion's one week old birthday is today!!! I mentioned to my mom earlier that I feel like I've already known him forever. There is just a connection between him and myself and his grandmother that feels... perfect. He is such an alert and curious boy. He is most like this after feedings/diaper changes. He just looks at you and around the room, starry-eyed. He is very strong too... sometimes giving me headbutts as I'm burping him, waving his head around. He likes to lift off too, against anything he can press his feet against. He is a chilled out and well tempered baby overall, so I feel very lucky and fortunate *knocks on wood, that this continues*
Tomorrow is our appointment at the Canadian consulate... I'm hoping everything goes well. I'll take pictures and put them up when we get back, as he has special Canadiana apparel to hopefully make a good first impression there haha. It will be good to get out and about with him, get some fresh air as our outings thus far have just consisted of mini trips around the hotel.
Last night there were some amazing fireworks in the sky in Mumbai around Andheri East. Does anyone know what they were for? They were big like July 1/July 4 fireworks... such a spectacle to look at.
I would be lying if I said I wasn't getting anxious to get home and resume real life... I'm hoping we'll be able to get home sooner rather than later.
That's it for now, nap time! ZZZzzzzzzz...

Happy one week birthday! He is so cute!! Hope all went well at the consulate and you can take Orion home very soon.
ReplyDeletePlease update on your consulate visit!! Look at little Orion!! He is perfect!!
ReplyDeleteLittle darling boy, very strong to be headbutting at one week of age. Toby did that, incredible neck muscles, watch your nose, it really hurts when they whack you there. Here's to a fast trip home and lots more photos!
ReplyDeleteMeg and Toby x
just the cutest ever. orion is a perfect little guy...maybe the fireworks were for him? :-)
ReplyDeleteThe fireworks were for Orion's birthday silly :)
ReplyDeleteCourtesy of your North American followers. Wait till you see what have planned for the two week birthday! Hahaha
K
Hey Toban!!!!!! How's it going, how is Orion? He's such a cutie, a real 'little man!'. Sorry we've been 'off-line' the past few days, desperately trying to muddle through the complexities of citizenship and passports for Brits. How's all that kind of stuff going for you? Hope it's going well!!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the nice words Kathrin :)
ReplyDeleteHi Kerrie! The day at the consulate was such an exhausting day! I will post that tomorrow and have a tip or 2 for you guys when you go there from our experience.
We have strong boys Meg! Orion is not even 2 weeks old and I get kicked in the stomach when he lifts off rocket style, headbutted when trying to burp him lol... and then there's the projectile bowel movements at me at times when I try to change his diaper lol but that's another blog entry altogether!
Thanks Doug :) I later learned they were for Ramadan but I'll just continue to let myself think they were for us and him :)
Hi Kevin :) You're close actually ;) Orion's 3 week bday will be on August 16 and India's Independence Day is the 15th so we'll pretend those fireworks are for us again! ;D Happy belated bday to Jeff as well!
Adam, Michael and Beau!!! Great to hear from you guys! Thanks for the kind words :) We keep checking your blog for news and pics but yeah, we realize you guys are busy with the citizenship stuff. Things on that front are seemingly going well so far *knock on wood* and I'll post about those adventures tomorrow. Orion is amazing, I feel so blessed and fortunate to finally have him in my life and also that he is healthy and well. He hasn't even been here for 2 weeks but already I feel like I've known him forever. He is just so special. He is such a character and I can already see a little personality in him. I have new pics and a short video clip to share which I'll try to put up tomorrow as well. Looking forward to reading more updates from you guys and seeing more Beau pics!!!