Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Bottle Conundrum

This past Friday, Orion had his follow-up doctor's appointment. He has been getting noticeably heavier so it wasn't a surprise when the doctor told us he's 12 pounds now o_O.

Orion is generally such a happy little baby, smiling most of the time. I am so blessed! *knocks on wood* However about a week and a half ago, he became fussy between feedings and then would just plain out cry for the whole duration in between feedings. My family and I were trying everything to figure out what was going on and I dreaded to hear the big "c" word... colic. Yikes!

Thankfully though, I figured it out and that was the flow on the bottles I was using. Up until now I had been using Dr. Brown's bottles and they were great for the first two months and served us well in India. However, Orion's feeding time was drastically getting shorter and shorter to the point where he'd eat too much, too fast in one feeding.

So I decided to try the "Nuk" bottle that the Lufthansa airline gave us for free and it just happened to be a "low" flow bottle which seemed to have done the trick. I went out and bought a few more of the low flow bottles and they also have medium and fast flows. Feedings now are back at their regular duration and my smiling baby boy is back! Taken this morning:



Hide yo grandmas, hide yo girlfriends, the neighbourhood giraffe gangsta is in town!

As mentioned in my previous entry, Saturday was Orion's meet and greet for friends and family (aka Baby Shower part II) and wow, was not expecting that big of a turnout! Orion was spoiled for sure :) Here he is after the party and after having one too many:



Slurring, "‎'Darrrrrrlinggggg, I dooo agreeeeeee."

4 comments:

  1. Glad the bottle conundrum worked out. And I can't figure out which photo is cuter...Orion is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very handsome little man he is growing so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is soooo adorable! He doesn't ever stop smiling I'm sure!!!

    ReplyDelete