Every minute with Orion is my favourite part of the day but I especially love the morning when he's just waking up. I get up a bit earlier to go down downstairs to the kitchen to get his bottle ready and other things ready for the day.
Then I return upstairs where I walk past his crib to the window to slowly pull the drape up. I can see his head turn and follow me as I walk by him in the dark. It makes me smile. Once the morning light fills the room, I go over to his crib and say with a big smile, "Good morning! Good morning, good morning, good morning!" He smiles, starts babbling and then limbs flail in excitement.
Makes me so happy and the best way to start any day.
Here he is chillin' with Grammie but this is the smile I see first thing every morning!
Then I return upstairs where I walk past his crib to the window to slowly pull the drape up. I can see his head turn and follow me as I walk by him in the dark. It makes me smile. Once the morning light fills the room, I go over to his crib and say with a big smile, "Good morning! Good morning, good morning, good morning!" He smiles, starts babbling and then limbs flail in excitement.
Makes me so happy and the best way to start any day.
Here he is chillin' with Grammie but this is the smile I see first thing every morning!

This is a beautiful post that touched my heart! Glad to see you sooo happy!!
ReplyDeleteThank you Mandy :)
ReplyDeleteI love the morning ritual too...it is the best!! Orion has such a great smile and alot of hair! What a beautiful boy he is!!
ReplyDeleteThank you Kerrie :) We are very blessed!
ReplyDeleteOh I'm so looking forward to that moment of looking at my smiling, waking, baby...the crying, waking baby, too...another great post!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to read about your experiences, Doug. I hope you continue to update your blog regularly after the baby is born :)
ReplyDelete