Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Forever Young


Blinded by the light... not posing, I swear!

The days are getting longer, Spring and Summer are just around the corner and that means... that I'll soon be going back to work. Nooooo! If it was up to me, it would be just me and Orion spending every day together as life passes us by. Me going back to work is also a milestone for Orion... it means he'll be going to an in-home daycare 1-2 days a week while his Grannie and Opa look after him 1-2 days and his Grandfather 1-2 days. I found an in-home daycare for Orion to go to and coincidentally, the caregiver is someone I went to school with when we were younger. We never connected back then but I did know who she was. While I've been feeling anxiety and stress the last couple of weeks in coming to terms of having Orion go to daycare, I'm a bit more comforted that I know this individual and my parent intuition tells me to be at ease. It will also be healthy for Orion in terms of his social skills and development to be with other young children (which he loves) in an in-home bilingual setting on a consistent basis. He is definitely a social baby as I've seen already at playgroups, play dates with friends, etc. Tomorrow we'll be going to visit the in-home daycare and see if it's a right fit for us.

I still have about 3 months before I go back to work and I'll be milking every day to the last second... just the two of us.

3 comments:

  1. Sweet! Being a parent is difficult, we are filled with trepidation when it comes to our children, and more importantly when we spend every living moment with our babies and then must return to work. You are a loving, caring parent and will continue to give Orion your devoted attention. No one can replace you, his Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I dread going back to work too...if only Max Millions would pay out!! Orion is just so huggably cute!! I hope one day we can meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems you've set up an incredible environment for Orion to thrive in when you go back to work. He's lucky. Remember that!

    ReplyDelete