Smiling in the car, on our way home after first day of daycare.
Today was Orion's first morning at the in-home daycare. I was truly dreading this day for the last few days and feeling anxiety and stress, despite this morning's daycare session only being for 4 hours. I didn't want him to go and have other young ones potentially be rough and hurt him. This morning I got up early (before the crack of dawn) to pack his things, make his bottle and get him ready. He woke up in a great mood so it made things a bit easier. Then we were off and when we got there, I begrudgingly handed him over and said I'd call in an hour to check-up on him. He was smiling but did give me that puzzled look of, "Dad, where are you going? What is happening?" When I called an hour later, he was just fine. He napped, drank his bottle and was interacting with the other kids. Then she dropped his binky/soother and he started to cry on the phone lol. When I went to pick him up, he was happy to see me but I did get a few smacks and scratches to the face out of revenge, I'm sure. I feel a bit better now about going back for our second time on Thursday morning. I'm so proud of him.
Thumbs up, dad!
Today was Orion's first morning at the in-home daycare. I was truly dreading this day for the last few days and feeling anxiety and stress, despite this morning's daycare session only being for 4 hours. I didn't want him to go and have other young ones potentially be rough and hurt him. This morning I got up early (before the crack of dawn) to pack his things, make his bottle and get him ready. He woke up in a great mood so it made things a bit easier. Then we were off and when we got there, I begrudgingly handed him over and said I'd call in an hour to check-up on him. He was smiling but did give me that puzzled look of, "Dad, where are you going? What is happening?" When I called an hour later, he was just fine. He napped, drank his bottle and was interacting with the other kids. Then she dropped his binky/soother and he started to cry on the phone lol. When I went to pick him up, he was happy to see me but I did get a few smacks and scratches to the face out of revenge, I'm sure. I feel a bit better now about going back for our second time on Thursday morning. I'm so proud of him.
Thumbs up, dad!

What a great job you are doing with your little boy. He looks gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteThank you very much :)
DeleteThumbs up is right. Orion is becoming a big boy now though Daddy is still getting used to it. Did you get anything done at work?
ReplyDeleteThankfully I'm not back at work yet (phew)... not until beginning of June. But I wanted to start with daycare now just a few hours a week to get him used to it and in a routine so it's not a shock when I do go back to work. Once I got home after dropping him off, I was walking around in circles, twiddling my thumbs for the first few minutes, wondering what to do with myself, that's for sure. But once I collected myself, I got a bunch of things done around the house and before I knew it, it was time to go pick him up :)
DeleteYes, it isn´t with delight you leave your most beloved in daycare! I didn´t like it either but children adjust great. Now we have difficulties getting her into our car when we are picking her up. She loves it!!!
ReplyDeleteLOL Frederik! Kids surprise us sometimes, don't they :) I have a feeling Orion will like it as well and I'm hoping that by being around other young ones more often now, he'll observe and learn/pick things up more quickly. I'm hoping he'll be able to do my taxes for me before the end of the year :)
DeleteI am glad he had a good time at daycare!!
ReplyDeleteI love the photo with the thumbs up to let you know he approves!!
It i so scary leaving our babies with others to watch, if it makes you feel any better when my son started school the teacher said he was not as street savvy as the others because he didn't attend day care. If I am lucky enough to have another I will be using day care as I think they become more social and independent! He is a beautiful little boy and is lucky to have such a wonderful father!
ReplyDeletetoo cute !
ReplyDelete