Nine months... as Orion turned 9 months at the end of last month, it seems as though he's been celebrating it by making every night, "sleep in daddy's bed" night. I have no idea what happened, it's like a switch went off and now he wants to sleep in my bed every night.
For instance, last night he started in his own bed (as he does every night) and then around 9pm, he woke up. When I went to get him, he was so happy, he was dry humping/jumping up and down on my shoulder like a little monkey on the way to my room.
This was followed by many successful attempts throughout the night to: 1) snuggle with dad, 2) keep dad hanging on the side of the bed with a tiny piece of bed sheet as Orion claimed the whole bed to himself and 3) treat dad to Orion's head digging into his back.
Of course, neither of us would have it any other way.
Sweet dreams!

Oh Cailyn has been doing that for a while too!! My g/f tole me to expect it to potentially last til 12 months! YAY!
ReplyDeleteGood to know our kids are "normal" :)
*high five*
DeletePotentially up until 12 months! Ok that's good news... altho I have a feeling with this one, it might be longer lol.
What a cute photo. He's a lucky kiddo and he knows it!
ReplyDeleteK
Thanks guys :)
DeleteHAHAHHAhAH. Sucka! (In a good way.)
ReplyDeletelol I know! Goodbye restful and peaceful sleep alone in my own bed for awhile but I love it :)
DeleteI can just tell by the look on his face that he is in hog heaven! Cherish it! :-) And thanks for all your support...we will have news SOON!
ReplyDeleteLOL hog heaven! I love that!
DeleteYes... SOON hopefully! So excited!!!
Coincidentally after I finished posting this, I went to get the bed ready for Orion's impending arrival and then one hour went by and another, another, another... until it was morning. Of course when I post about him sleeping in my bed all week, that's the one night he decides to stay in his crib all night... sigh!
ReplyDelete