Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 26, 2011

The 100 Day Countdown

We're actually now at around 75 days left to go and I'm starting to get excited. A few days ago my mom asked me if I'm getting excited. I mean, of course I've always been excited amidst cautious optimism and trepidation but now it's becoming real excitement. Like, physical and tangible excitement... that feeling in your stomach and adrenalin rush flowing through your body. I've been slowly telling close friends, revealing all and it's just a wonderful feeling to be able to share this and not keep it to myself anymore. I feel freeeeee!

I feel like, in a way, he or she is already with me wherever I go. In my mind when I'm at the grocery store, s/he is there in the cart. Or when I'm walking to/from my car in a parking lot, I'm carrying him/her in the carrier. I already have my nickname for him/her and that's my little jabu jabu. Having said all that, no I am not crazy but I will completely understand if you think otherwise.

Life is changing and 2011 is certainly the year of the changes. Friends will be getting married, some moving away, others changing jobs and now me... I'm having a baby! This week we confirmed our accommodations in India, I've been coordinating affairs with the Canadian consulate, scheduled my DNA tests, taped the baby's room up to get it ready to paint... and today I got my latest ultrasound report. My buddies want to take me out to celebrate in the next few weeks. Not sure about that as that could be trouble.

I'm just perfectly happy as is, that everything is finally coming together.

11 comments:

  1. very very exciting toban! you've been so patient and an inspiration for us. good thoughts for the next 75 days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am right there with you!!!You are about 25 days ahead of us. It does start to feel real and very exciting now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just around now is when time will start to SPEED up! The days may feel long but the next year will pass with lightning speed!
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kerrie, I know right??? *Canadian high five* Thank you for helping me along the way with support and information :)

    Thanks Doug! You guys have been an inspiration to me and others as well so thanks for continuing to share your journey. I have no doubt we'll both be sharing diaper/teething/other baby stories a year or so from now.

    Edward, yikes... tell me about it! Things have suddenly gone into fast forward motion, coordinating everything over in Mumbai and getting things ready on the ground here as well. Thanks to you as well for sharing your pictures, videos of the girls laughing and stories, which have definitely helped to get me through on this uncertain road. Love Aria, Sidney and of course Vivian! (I'm the biggest fan in the Vivian fan club). Just had to go on record and say that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That great news Toban....we've been with you, and kerrie and Mark every step of the way..were on day 66 so minus 21 is 43 days to go!!! We've just finalised everything for our very long stay in India...10 weeks!...but as long as we're with our baby we'll be fine :) Looking forward to seeing the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. good luck with everything!! cant wait to hear all your news on the blog.. and seeing the pictures of jabu jabu!! our nick name at the moments is the twiglets,
    best wishes
    lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa, haha! I laughed out loud at work reading your comment, seeing someone else write jabu jabu made me crack up. Twiglets is adorable. Thanks for the nice words :)

    Adam and Michael... guys! Yep, we've pretty much been at the same points together along the way and ideally it would be great to meet you since we should be in India around the same time even for a bit but realistically you'll be in Delhi and me in Mumbai. Perhaps we could at least Skype it up when we're there together and we and our babies can meet each other that way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful post to read. Be excited, this is the best thing ever to happen to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Tobian, I accidentally deleted your comment on our blog. Sorry! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL Doug! I know I know, you were too excited and hit the delete button instead ;) I will post again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. exactly, tobian...plus my fingers are fat and the buttons too small on my iPhone!

    ReplyDelete