Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 24, 2011

First Class

Greetings from Mumbai! We're finally settled now but there were a few ups and downs along the way. The flight was amazing, that really worked out well. We ended up scoring first class seating because the airline had overbooked from Frankfurt to Mumbai so we were able to be comfortable and sleep in first class. Was a nice treat and we really needed the sleep for what was to come next...

...so we arrived at our accommodations that I had booked months ago. Upon arrival though, it was clear that what we were expecting and the reality of the situation was not matching up. This is my third time to Mumbai and thankfully I've only ever had positive experiences with the accommodations I've booked. These "suites" however that we arranged for us and baby would not be acceptable. There was literally nothing in the rooms. The fridge was not working, appliances for baby were nowhere to be found... and the breakfast the next morning was... well, even I passed on it and I eat anything.

Unfortunately it took most of the day to get our deposit back (they had to write us a cheque, which we had to come back for 6 hours later) but we found a great suite at another hotel for a reasonable price and we're settled in now. We have a fridge, a microwave, kettle and staff has provided a crib for us.

Today we went to InOrbit mall (which I love), bought a few things for ourselves, baby and some groceries. My mom also took her first rickshaw today! Woot woot! She loved it. We'll take one again tomorrow and I'll try to snap a pic or two to upload but I think that will pretty much be it for rickshaws (boo!) as we think the baby will be delivered tomorrow (yay!) We're going to the clinic in the morning and then after lunch I'll write another update to tell what's happening. This is my mom's first time to India and she is doing quite well so far. I am very proud of her. You can follow her updates here: Anybody 50+

2 comments:

  1. Oh how exciting!!! I can imagine your moms reaction to the rickshaws, for us, the thrill never ends. So...baby?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yeah :) Today she saw her first elephant being walked down the street, as if someone was just casually walking their dog. No baby yet... today we reunited with our SM and she went for her last ultrasound pics and report before the baby comes... which we were told will be Wednesday or before!!!

    ReplyDelete