Sitting in the back of a cab, driving back to the hotel last Saturday night. Looking at the night time city lights, the bustling streets of Mumbai. Watching the rain hit the window, breathing in the fresh air and just feeling at peace over everything, the journey from the last 3 years and at what just happened that evening. Everything had come full circle.
Rewind 24 hours, when I asked Dr. M from my clinic that I wanted to see my SM for the first time since Orion's birth, to say thank you in person, give her a little something extra and to have her see Orion. Dr. M said yes, come to the clinic for 6pm where everyone would reunite again. When my parents and I got there, I saw my SM sitting there smiling as she saw me come in. My heart warmed and we brought Orion in. We took some pictures together and then I gave her my gift. She held Orion for a bit and then she had to leave as she needed to take a bus and train to get back home. We said our goodbyes and then she left. After that we chatted for Dr. M for a bit but then she was scheduled to meet with a new client so we headed back to the hotel. By then it was dark and we needed to get Orion back anyway for his next feeding. We brought a bottle, his formula and his diaper bag in case we had to feed him at the clinic or in the taxi but there was no need to... he went back to sleep during the ride home. He is just such a cool, calm, collected and happy baby boy. I am so lucky! I hope it continues... *knocks on wood* He loves the heat and noises of the city. He loves going on little excursions and is almost guaranteed to fall asleep in his carrier in the back of a taxi... the more Mumbai potholes/sinkholes we run over, the better! Movement is comforting to him.
Happy boy!
I am so blessed!
In other news, Mumbai has been quite the sight the last couple of days with the Ganesh Chaturthi festival taking place! We've seen dancing in the streets, awesome loud drumming, homes decorated with lights similar to Christmas lights and fireworks.
Saturday is our day at the FRRO so I will be sure to post an update on that when we get back and then hopefully if all that goes well, we'll be back in Canada on Tuesday afternoon! I'm trying to not think about it too much because I can't wait to be home and thus am still just taking things day by day.
Rewind 24 hours, when I asked Dr. M from my clinic that I wanted to see my SM for the first time since Orion's birth, to say thank you in person, give her a little something extra and to have her see Orion. Dr. M said yes, come to the clinic for 6pm where everyone would reunite again. When my parents and I got there, I saw my SM sitting there smiling as she saw me come in. My heart warmed and we brought Orion in. We took some pictures together and then I gave her my gift. She held Orion for a bit and then she had to leave as she needed to take a bus and train to get back home. We said our goodbyes and then she left. After that we chatted for Dr. M for a bit but then she was scheduled to meet with a new client so we headed back to the hotel. By then it was dark and we needed to get Orion back anyway for his next feeding. We brought a bottle, his formula and his diaper bag in case we had to feed him at the clinic or in the taxi but there was no need to... he went back to sleep during the ride home. He is just such a cool, calm, collected and happy baby boy. I am so lucky! I hope it continues... *knocks on wood* He loves the heat and noises of the city. He loves going on little excursions and is almost guaranteed to fall asleep in his carrier in the back of a taxi... the more Mumbai potholes/sinkholes we run over, the better! Movement is comforting to him.
Happy boy!
I am so blessed!
In other news, Mumbai has been quite the sight the last couple of days with the Ganesh Chaturthi festival taking place! We've seen dancing in the streets, awesome loud drumming, homes decorated with lights similar to Christmas lights and fireworks.
Saturday is our day at the FRRO so I will be sure to post an update on that when we get back and then hopefully if all that goes well, we'll be back in Canada on Tuesday afternoon! I'm trying to not think about it too much because I can't wait to be home and thus am still just taking things day by day.

Congrats on the progress and Canadian light at the end of the FRRO tunnel! Love Orion's mittens. Best wishes.
ReplyDeleteHey Toban, outrageously cute pics, he's changed so much already!!!! Best of luck for Saturday, I was thinking you might be home by now, but fingers crossed the next few days take their course with little or no hassle, and it'll be 'the captain has switched on the seatbelt sign' any day now!
ReplyDeleteso glad you are loving being in India with your little guy but also ready to get home...he's such a cute guy! I remember when we were in Mumbai for Dewali and it was such a great experience. Never forget it. Take care and good luck with the FRRO!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a good meeting with the sm.
ReplyDeleteOrion is such a cutie pie. Hope all goes well today.
Kathrin
Thank you Edward :) We went to the FRRO today and thanks to a bit of hired help, it was surprisingly, the easiest/smoothest part of the journey so far. Hopefully we'll be at home Tuesday night!
ReplyDeleteAdam and Michael, hey guys!!! Hope Adam is feeling better. Orion is changing!!! He's losing most of his hair from birth, going bald and is starting to look like an old man! They grow up so fast! lol. Thanks for writing me back... check your e-mails soon for another one from me!
Thanks Doug :) I put up a post just now about some details from our surprisingly pleasant trip to the FRRO so check that out! ;D
Thank you Kathrin :D FRRO went quite well. I just put up a new post about it! I'm looking forward to getting home and going crazy with the camera, taking tons more pics of Orion at home, outside, at the park, in his room, etc and sharing them on here! Hopefully will post next week :)
ReplyDelete