This morning as my mom and I were eating breakfast, I was thinking to myself what we were going to do today. A few minutes later, we got the call that baby will be delivered this afternoon. We are just waiting for the green light to hop in a taxi and drive on over to the hospital!
Yesterday was a busy and long day for us. It began early with a scheduled appointment with the doctor at the clinic. We got into a rickshaw and made our way there. I had showed the driver the address and everything was seemingly going well. However, the driver brought us to what he thought was the destination but it clearly wasn't. So I got the doctor on the phone and they spoke to the driver to give him directions. A few more calls and a few more stops later, the driver stopped to ask another person on the street. The guy told us to get out and he'd walk us there. It was just 2 minutes down the street. We thanked him and the driver and went inside. Once inside, I showed the doctor the address I had written down and she laughed. She said I had written down the address to her home and not that of the clinic! Oops! Sorry rickshaw driver! Apologies for torturing you with that confusing and frustrating drive.
Inside, we were reunited with our SM who had just woken up and got to see her tummy. The doctor told me we'd celebrate the birth of baby, perhaps next week once our SM can leave the clinic but before she goes home. So we'll be having a little celebratory function next week with my mom, baby, the doctors, our SM and my dad once he arrives on Tuesday. I'm really looking forward to that, that'll be special. It will be the perfect opportunity for me to give her the little extra gift I got her.
After we left the clinic, we headed back for the hotel... in a cab this time since it was raining intermittently. On the way we back we saw someone walking an elephant down the street as if they were walking a dog down the street. The elephant looked pretty, it had cool neon pink henna painted all over it. We wanted to take a picture but couldn't get our cameras ready in time.
Once we got back to the hotel, we rested for a bit, ate lunch and then went back to InOrbit mall. Love it there! I had some delicious mango and pineapple ice cream. Mmm mmm mmm!
Anyway, I'm going to head out for some lunch now so my next update might be a "baby is here" update with some pictures! See you in a bit!
Yesterday was a busy and long day for us. It began early with a scheduled appointment with the doctor at the clinic. We got into a rickshaw and made our way there. I had showed the driver the address and everything was seemingly going well. However, the driver brought us to what he thought was the destination but it clearly wasn't. So I got the doctor on the phone and they spoke to the driver to give him directions. A few more calls and a few more stops later, the driver stopped to ask another person on the street. The guy told us to get out and he'd walk us there. It was just 2 minutes down the street. We thanked him and the driver and went inside. Once inside, I showed the doctor the address I had written down and she laughed. She said I had written down the address to her home and not that of the clinic! Oops! Sorry rickshaw driver! Apologies for torturing you with that confusing and frustrating drive.
Inside, we were reunited with our SM who had just woken up and got to see her tummy. The doctor told me we'd celebrate the birth of baby, perhaps next week once our SM can leave the clinic but before she goes home. So we'll be having a little celebratory function next week with my mom, baby, the doctors, our SM and my dad once he arrives on Tuesday. I'm really looking forward to that, that'll be special. It will be the perfect opportunity for me to give her the little extra gift I got her.
After we left the clinic, we headed back for the hotel... in a cab this time since it was raining intermittently. On the way we back we saw someone walking an elephant down the street as if they were walking a dog down the street. The elephant looked pretty, it had cool neon pink henna painted all over it. We wanted to take a picture but couldn't get our cameras ready in time.
Once we got back to the hotel, we rested for a bit, ate lunch and then went back to InOrbit mall. Love it there! I had some delicious mango and pineapple ice cream. Mmm mmm mmm!
Anyway, I'm going to head out for some lunch now so my next update might be a "baby is here" update with some pictures! See you in a bit!

Good luck!!! Good times to come....soon!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting! Will be checking-in for your news, all the best! SJ & B xx
ReplyDeleteI have no idea what time you posted this, but I am waiting on an update!!!! How exciting!!!
ReplyDeleteWe are here in Mumbai too. Have met so many IP's at our hotel at all stages in bringing baby home from all different clinics. Enjoy your time in Mumbai. Sending prayers to your SM for a quick and uneventful delivery. Will be watching this space for pics and baby announcement. We are back to Hiranandani tomorrow for our twins first check up. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need anything while in Mumbai. Congrats my fellow Canadian comrade.
ReplyDeleteThe tension and waiting is killing us!!!!! Best of luck, hoping for a brilliant update VERY soon x
ReplyDeleteThe tension is getting to me too! I hope everything is alright.
ReplyDeleteHey everyone! Thanks for writing :) Our internet access was down for awhile so I wasn't able to post an update yesterday. I have a big one I'll put up later today!!! Rhonda and Gerry very nice to meet you and congratulations to you guys as well!
ReplyDelete