The last three years (and my whole life, in fact) has finally led up to this. I am over the moon to let everyone know that my son, Orion Preet MacDougall Morrison was born on Tuesday July 26 at 6:25pm, weighing in at almost 8 pounds! He's still in the NICU and we haven't been able to bring him home yet (well, back to the hotel). We're told he will (hopefully) be discharged tomorrow. As well, it is expected that I'll get his birth certificate as well which is great.
In the meantime though, we've been visiting him everyday and I've been feeding him, holding him, talking to him, etc. I miss him and hope he can come home tomorrow. He hasn't been taking the bottle; he's not sucking or he'll suck for a bit and then fall asleep on the bottle. Hence I've nicknamed him my little lazy lug. Hopefully he'll come home with us tomorrow and we can spend more time with him practicing.
The last few days have been quite the whirlwind. On Tuesday when we got the call about Orion, we got into a taxi and drove to the clinic. Following that, we went to the hospital where I began filling out paperwork. A few minutes later, the doctor came in with a big smile on her face and said, "Congratulations!!! You're the father of a baby............... boy!" I was not even on this planet at that point. We followed her into another room where Orion was and as we got closer, I could hear him crying. I was just so happy. My mom started crying. My adrenalin was going too much, I could not feel anything other than excitement and joy. The next day, I'll never forget when he looked at me for the first time. It's just so awe-inspiring to see him look at me and his surroundings for the first time. I haven't shaven in a few days so when I go to kiss him, he makes this funny face from the feel of my stubble.
We'll be able to take more pics of me and Orion together tomorrow when we bring him home. In the meantime though, I included a few pics! Orion and Beau can be penpals :)
I love when he looks at me... makes my heart melt.
He was making the cutest whimpers today.
Daddy and baby.
Daddy feeling just pure bliss and happiness.
Om nom nom!
In the meantime though, we've been visiting him everyday and I've been feeding him, holding him, talking to him, etc. I miss him and hope he can come home tomorrow. He hasn't been taking the bottle; he's not sucking or he'll suck for a bit and then fall asleep on the bottle. Hence I've nicknamed him my little lazy lug. Hopefully he'll come home with us tomorrow and we can spend more time with him practicing.
The last few days have been quite the whirlwind. On Tuesday when we got the call about Orion, we got into a taxi and drove to the clinic. Following that, we went to the hospital where I began filling out paperwork. A few minutes later, the doctor came in with a big smile on her face and said, "Congratulations!!! You're the father of a baby............... boy!" I was not even on this planet at that point. We followed her into another room where Orion was and as we got closer, I could hear him crying. I was just so happy. My mom started crying. My adrenalin was going too much, I could not feel anything other than excitement and joy. The next day, I'll never forget when he looked at me for the first time. It's just so awe-inspiring to see him look at me and his surroundings for the first time. I haven't shaven in a few days so when I go to kiss him, he makes this funny face from the feel of my stubble.
We'll be able to take more pics of me and Orion together tomorrow when we bring him home. In the meantime though, I included a few pics! Orion and Beau can be penpals :)
I love when he looks at me... makes my heart melt.
He was making the cutest whimpers today.
Daddy and baby.
Daddy feeling just pure bliss and happiness.
Om nom nom!

Much congratulations!!!! He is a doll and such a great birth weight. Our 2 together don't even weigh that much...LOL. Jett is exactly same with feeding. He is SO chilled out all the time and falls asleep as soon as the nipple hits his mouth. We are trying to up his weight as he lost post birth. Enjoy your time with your baby boy (little boys are awesome). Continue to take every moment in cause they truly grow so fast. What an amazing experience to be able to share with your Mom. Very happy for you. :). P.S check your email.
ReplyDeleteThis is so fantastic Toban. Congratulations. He is a big bubba! Is he named for Orion the constellation? Fabulous name!
ReplyDeleteLove Meg and Toby xxx
Such brilliant news! Orion is absolutely gorgeous!! And look at impressive head of hair!! And SO lovely that you have your Mom with you to share such an amazing life experience. We felt so weird having to leave Beau in the hospital overnight, but it was fantastic to bring him home (like you say, hotel home) the next day. It's also so nice that you have met Rhonda and Gerry, amazing when paths cross on our little blogosphere that's been such a great source of sharing and encouragement. Much love, the biggest congratulations and a huge high five from Beau to Orion x
ReplyDeleteWow what an handsome little boy! You're a dad, can you believe that! All the best!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful boy!! Many congratulations!!! (thanks for the update - we were all waiting)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on a big healthy boy. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the name you have chosen. Believe it or not, Orion sits in a pile of boy names that we never got a chance to use.
ReplyDeleteHis name lives among the stars!
Enjoy every inspired moment that is coming your way. You've waited a long time for these moments....savor them all and CELEBRATE!!!
MR T!!! Toutes mes félicitations. Je suis tellement émue et contente pour toi! Un BEAU petit garçon - c'est fantastique. La belle vie commence - profites de tous les petits moments, ça passe vite tu vas voir. Bienvenue sur la terre petit Orion, tu as un bon papa qui prendra très bien soin de toi. Prenez soin de vous deux.Madame L.xo
ReplyDeleteRhonda & Gerry: Thanks for the nice words guys :) Yes, Orion has lost a tiny bit of weight as well because he's being slow to take to the bottle but hopefully when he comes home today we have the whole weekend and more to spend practicing with him. I am glad to hear Jett is similar in that regard :) I already want him to stay a little lug forever! Just too cute with his stares and little whimpers. I am so lucky to have had my mom with me here. I could not have done this without her. My dad gets here on Tuesday but my mom has been amazing... really proud of her and love her!
ReplyDeleteHi Meg & Toby! Much thanks :) Yes! He sure is named after the constellation! But I think I just might change his name to Big Bubba instead LOL I think I prefer that!
Adam & Michael, hi guys! Ya, the hair is one of the first things I noticed when I first saw him! I can't wait to cheesily style his hair into a faux hawk with oversized sunglasses and then take a pic of that for everyone to see heehee. High five back from Orion to Beau :)
Hi Kathrin! Thank you very much :)
Hello Heffernan's! Thanks so much!
Hi Kerrie! Thank you :) You guys are next and we will all be anxiously awaiting to be introduced to Alan!
Hi Edward! Thanks ;) What can I say, you have great taste in girls names and prospective boy names haha!
Mme L! Ah bien, merci beaucoup beaucoup :) Je suis tellement heureux. Thank you for inspiring me from the beginning. Merci :)
Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, Daddy.
m.
Thank you Mark :)
ReplyDeleteThis is my first log-in to blogger and I was so happy to see this news! The photos are priceless...so, so happy for you Toban. I loved your post about the years that led up to this moment. Totally can relate. Thanks for sharing this with all of us and I look forward to hearing and seeing more about this next chapter. Take care!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your gorgeous little boy!! What a sweetie. Keep us updated with the photos-all the best. SJ & B xx
ReplyDeleteThanks Doug :) I'm anxiously awaiting to hear about the next chapter in your story as well ;)
ReplyDeleteThank you SJ & B. Very nice to meet you guys!!!